Monday, November 19, 2007

11 months ago, i met a boy.

i don't exactly remember the first occasion. but i started seeing him around. i'd heard of him because he was roomates with a good friend of mine years back.

6 months ago, i started to get to know the boy.

i liked him. he was really funny, but kinda shy. he was always around people, and had a sparkle in his eyes. he was never clean shaven, but his clothes were always perfectly ironed. he understood persian, and spoke with a very aussie accent. he laughed a lot, in the humble sort of way. he was the best listener i'd ever met. he opened the car door for me once. he had pet lizards, which i found refreshing. he had a younger brother who looked exactly like him. he never called me "tash", always "natasha". he worked really hard, but took time out to play. he took me out for chinese food, and refused to let me pay. he was enthusiatic when i wanted to run devotionals, and he helped me pick readings. he shared his views on spiritual topics and i shared mine. he let me drive his car.

then he proposed to me, and i get to marry him in 5 weeks time.

and because we didn't spend much time in the same country, we have but a handful of photos together.. and this is one of them

i can't wait to take a few more.

6 comments:

leila said...

and i can't wait to see them. congratulations, beautiful nato. you look so happy! not a complainerhead at all.

love love
leila

Mona Jafs said...

ZOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Coral said...

You have such a beautiful smile in this photo Tash! Also, congratulations!!!!!! :)

Adrian said...

Wooooooooooooooo lovers.

love,
Ads

Sherif said...

Dude- I love this photo! Oink, oink.

Anonymous said...

omg i haven't been on your blog for sooooo long, excuse me but i took this photo hehehe yay!! it was my fav of the 1594 photos we took that day!! you probably won't ever read this comment...ah well. xxxxx