Monday, November 19, 2007

i hate it

yes. "i hate it" has become my new mantra.

i realised this yesterday after both nora (my gorgeous german/egyptian friend) and linda (my equally gorgeous italian/australian roomate), on two seperate occassions, shouted it in the same irritated and naggy tone of voice that i often shout it in.

and the truth is, i do hate it.

egypt hasn't been a walk in the park for me. it's been a struggle. i've found it all hard, from the culture, to the food, to the vast oceans between it and my fiancee.

this explains the lack of enthusiasm for my blog. i've been afraid to start complaining, because i know the complaints won't stop. and being a generally non-complainy person that generally tries to enjoy life, its been hard to adjust.

but i've unpacked my emotional suitcase. i'm here for the long haul.. and dammit, i'm going to start to enjoy life in this crazy beautiful city.

No comments: